Online Sports Betting in California – Ballots Backed Up by Mayors
Four mayors of California cities are backing up an objective for supporting online sports betting. Basically, these mayors of the four big cities are looking to help the homeless. This objective will be highly possible and feasible by giving state revenues.
How Online Sports Betting Help the Homeless?
The following Californian mayors are highly pronounced in helping out the homeless. They are encouraging sports bettors to wage and play online sports games. The said proposal was introduced by these four Californian mayors:
- Mayor Darrell Steinberg of Sacramento
- Mayor Robert Garcia of Long Beach
- Mayor Jerry Dyer of Fresno
- Mayor Libby Shaaf of Oakland
Aside from those officials, major operators of sports betting also backed up the proposal. It was lead by FanDuel, DraftKings, and WynnBET. The tax revenues coming from sports betting through online will be used to fund the project.
Generally, the fund from online sports bettinf will support the following activities:
- Housing for the homeless
- Expand the health services for mental health
- Diversify the health treatment services for addiction
Enclosed in the proposal is the equal distribution of funds to the following:
- 85% will go to the homeless and mental health
- 15% will be debited to the account of the Tribal Economic Development