The Center for Governmental Research, which is conducting the study, wants people to fill out a survey about libraries. It’s pretty comprehensive, asking about everything from what kinds of materials should the library buy to whether there should be cafes.
It’s wrong to think libraries are becoming less popular in the digital age. People are still seeking information. They still need assistance to find it or the tools to access it.
Meanwhile, check out this “bookless library” opening in Texas.
Links of the Day:
– “Wait your turn, little girl.” The old white guys should have thought twice before telling the young black woman to sit out the mayoral race.
– A lawsuit filed in Erie County over New York’s new gun law focuses on the Fifth, not Second Amendment.
– Perhaps Chicago’s murder rate is so high because it lets off gun offenders with a slap on the wrist.
– Customers may be getting a bit disenchanted with Southwest Airlines.
– Could you end up having to pay more if you order a cocktail with no ice?
– The world’s most prolific streaker is hanging up his birthday suit.