– Local tourism campaigns have become such fun.
We had the guys who created the snarky “Rochester Made” website.
A comedian’s “Iowa Nice” off-color video went viral.
But “North Dakota: Legendary” might take the cake. One of the campaign ads featured flirting women and men with a line about leaving the state a legend. It was pulled because it was deemed too sexy. ABC news interviewed a professor who said strong reactions to tourism campaigns are common.
(For the record, my favorite campaign was “I’d Rather be in Rochester. It’s Got It.” My least favorite is “Rochester: Made for Living.”)
– Buffalo has a lot of pizza joins per capita. The Buffalo news asks how they are all surviving.
– Buffalo is CORF-ing when it would like to be BIRG-ing.
– There’s a small, but growing number of people speaking up about legalizing drugs.
– Should you be forced to buy health insurance? The Wall Street Journal’s dueling essayists are a good read.