We’re getting a better idea of what a new Rochester skatepark could look like. It’s slated to go under the Freddie Sue Bridge along South Ave.
Final cost estimates are not in, but the city’s capital improvement plan calls for spending $2 million in 2015. It would be the largest skatepark in North America.
Links of the Day:
– The NTSB’s vote to lower the BAC threshold for drunk driving will be a tough sell to states. The restaurant industry is already up in arms.
– Dead silence from Rochester City Hall about businesses that lost money during the Spider-Man shoot. I filed a Freedom of Information request for all contracts and documents between the city and movie and have been ignored.
– Mario Williams’ ex-fiance filed a countersuit, saying he’s a jerk who kept breaking up with her.
– The Rochester Public Library is hosting an exhibit on Negro League Baseball. Turns out, a library security guard used to play in the league.
– Sno Kone Joe v. Mr. Ding-a-Ling is now in a courtroom. Best. Case. Ever.