- Provider of cameras on school buses that take pictures of drivers who illegally pass.
- Managing highways, downtown parking, and bus systems.
- Administrator of Medicaid, manager of health records and health care exchanges.
- Helping seniors pick a home.
- Provider of voice, data and network services.
- Helping the FAA move flight and passenger information to the cloud.
- Digitizing government records.
- “When you call Virgin America to speak with one of its customer care agents, the person you speak with is probably a Xerox employee.”
All of this has implications for Rochester and the company’s future. Service jobs generally don’t pay as well as R&D and manufacturing jobs. But the company’s transformation is fascinating watch. If you missed it, Xerox released the video below earlier this year to describe its new mission:
Links of the Day:
– Harper Sibley is giving up his dream of starting another ferry service in Rochester.
– Monroe County will now Google vendors before giving them contracts.
– Destiny USA looks like a prison, so the mall is adding “architectural elements.”