- Time Warner Cable is experiencing an massive outage in the Rochester area. There are no numbers, but the issue appears to be widespread.
I was struck by how many people were complaining about not having television. I didn’t care about that! How do I get online? Fortunately, my phone is also a hotspot, but I have to be careful to not to eat too much data.
A new survey indicates I’m probably in the minority. More people would rather give up social networking than television. Obviously, people use the Internet for more than Facebook or Twitter, but the study shows people are still very attached to their TVs.
- Sex trafficking exists in Rochester. The Democrat and Chronicle looks at the case of Thomas Cramer, described as a “400-pound pimp.”
- The state trooper at the center of a prostitution probe has been in trouble before. He was suspended for hitting a woman while off duty.
- Buffalo area nuns are furious at the Vatican crackdown on American nuns.
- Governor Andrew Cuomo’s cool reception to campaign finance reform could be an indication he has an eye on the White House.