– The University of Rochester admissions office has a new video featuring the Midnight Ramblers. It’s called “Remember oUR Name.”

It’s pretty cool. When was the last time anyone did the dolphin in the old subway bed?

Update: Hearing from people on Twitter who couldn’t help but notice everyone in the video is white and male. I also thought this was a curious choice for an admissions video.

– The Susan B. Anthony House tweeted a video, “Bad Romance: Women’s Suffrage.” It’s…interesting.

– Arbitration clauses are becoming extremely onerous for consumers and employees. I can relate. When I left a former employer, I could not seek relief from the courts from my noncompete because my contract had an arbitration clause. Since arbitrations can take months or years, the judge effectively enforced my noncompete by kicking my case to arbitration.

– A rapper got into a Twitter fight with all of Syracuse University. SU won.

– Xerox CEO Ursula Burns misses Wegmans.

7 Responses to “Remember oUr Name”

1. March 7, 2012 at 10:34 am ShaneBertou responds:

Did anyone else notice the one glaring omission? People of color. It’s a bit odd for an admissions promotion to show so little diversity.

Perhaps their new slogan will be: UR, black and hispanics need not apply.

And in a rap video no less. 🙂

2. March 7, 2012 at 10:39 am RaChaCha responds:

* Nothing like cool subway tunnel & Susan B. videos to make it a great day – thx!

* FWROC

3. March 7, 2012 at 10:47 am ShaneBertou responds:

Come to think of it, where are the women too?

I mean, it’s an ADMISSIONS piece. Ethnic and gender diversity are a big, big deal to colleges.

4. March 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm Barb Mittiga responds:

The video features the UR all male a cappella group called the Midnight Ramblers. They are a singing group folks. Lighten up on the constant clamor for “diversity” at every turn.

5. Loved that Susan B video. It still blows my mind that my grandmother was born in a country (this one) that she did not have the right to vote in. She did by the time she was the age of majority, but still.

6. March 7, 2012 at 4:10 pm Melissa Chinnock responds:

I believe the student a cappella group came up with the song, and the administration thought it was great so they helped produce the video. I don’t think it was “cast” by UR, they just used who is actually in that particular group.

7. March 24, 2012 at 11:50 am Adrian responds:

You can’t force diversity into a selective all-male a cappella group, Shane. If the U of R did that, it would look staged and fake. Props to the U of R for filming an excellent music video that contains 3 Hispanic members, a Pakistani, and some Jewish students. Dean Pauly B’s appearance makes the video!

Open your eyes Shane, you’re an idiot.