Links of the Day:
– If you haven’t checked in with Rochester’s falcons in a while, there’s a lot of news. You might recall, the Kodak Tower renovation forced their relocation to the Times Square Building. Since then, Mariah was ousted by Beauty who was ousted by Unity, who happens to be Beauty’s niece. Archer, Mariah’s grandson, had been courting both Beauty and Unity. But it looks like Unity won. Beauty was found injured on the ground at Xerox Tower last week. She’s recovering with DEC and the FalconWatch group awaits word on her condition.
– Are the Finger Lakes getting saturated with wineries? Officials say the number of wineries is increasing dramatically, but the number of tourists is not.
– There’s a cult outside Albany. The Times Union investigates a man being compared to David Koresh.
– One of the first black college quarterbacks played for Syracuse University. He was often benched because of his race.
– Monroe County’s suburban towns have a collective 1,349 employees. Only 35 of them are minorities.