– Save the crows! A Facebook group formed to oppose the city’s crow-removal efforts. It’s called Rochesterians for Crows.
The group was founded by Jay Schreiber, a manager at Nathaniel Square in the South Wedge. “They’re a part of life here,” he said.
Here are some posts from the page:
“In the D&C article they say to call 311 to report where the crows are roosting. I think we should call 311 to complain about the disturbances being caused trying to get rid of the crows. Who wants fireworks going off in their neighborhood all hours of the night?”
“They roost in the trees outside my apartment building. Some evenings we have quite the conversations as I arrive home from work. They speak more intelligently than any politician I know.”
“It’s been said already, but it can be said again – this is not only a giant waste of time and money, but it’s invasive to animal rights. I cannot BELIEVE the city is orchestrating this when there are real problems to be facing. What a JOKE.”
The Democrat and Chronicle has a video of the crow-scaring tactics, led by the USDA.
– Do you have enough polo shirts? The state mandates employers give workers enough uniform polo shirts to last the week. An Albany area pizza shop found out the hard way.
– A Buffalo teenager’s iPod was stolen during a trip to Rochester. Somehow, it ended up in Puerto Rico.
– Rochester wants pawn shops to go digital. Burglaries are on the rise. There were more than 3,000 last year. Pawn shops and secondhand stores would be required to send police a list of merchandise every day.
– Rochester is in the Garbage Plate food region of New York State.
– He’s a Harvard graduate. He’s Asian. He sleeps on his brother’s couch. He’s a surprise Knicks phenom. This might be the best read of the day.